Sunday, May 23, 2010

Home is where the art is....

My current style obsession is sprucing up my humble abode. Edward and I have been in our house for almost a year and I fear have become a bit complacent with its state of being. From the beginning, I had big ideas for this place and now feels like just as good a time as any to start making things happen...

My first project is a chair (originally from Ikea) that we purchased at a consignment shop. My goal is to recover it in a black and white striped fabric. I'm not entirely sure how one goes about doing that but I'm determined to figure it out...


I think our kitchen needs a bit of organizing and since I've begin to cook very frequently, its not only visual thing but an issue of function... and I love these little hanging fruit baskets :) I think this will be the first addition to the kitchen..


I've been completely in love lately with these pillows from Missoni Home. I'm not generally someone who likes that much color but the color scheme in our living room right now is grey, grey, and more grey... I think the combination of fun color and designer luxury is really great but unfortunately a tad out of my budget.. so I'll be on the hunt for something similar.
Lastly, the big goal is to put some work into the second bedroom, AKA my closet... I'm thinking about some kind of organizational unit with shelves and stuff... The room is also a hideous color so I may paint it :) any thoughts?

0 comments: