Thursday, February 10, 2011

First Day of Fashion Week: Rachel Zoe's first collection!

I figured there was no better way to kick off fashion week than by taking a look at the debut ready-to-wear collection from super stylist (and mommy-to-be) Rachel Zoe....

While I'm a gigantic Zoe fan, I must say that I wasn't expecting much from this collection. Some people create clothes and some people create style... I've always thought of Zoe as one of the latter but I was pleasantly surprised by the outcome of her first foray into clothing design.

The collection consists of great looking, wearable pieces that I could easily see myself in. I must say, however, that its lacking in the originality department. The inspiration ranged from YSL's 'le smoking' to Halston's disco glam but ended up just feeling like a "greatest hits" from Zoe's own closet. I can't say the clothes don't look amazing, I just hope that future collections show that Zoe has her own point of view as a designer...

0 comments: