Sunday, May 8, 2011

Currently Obsessed With....

Diane Von Furstenburg.... not just the clothes, but the lady herself. After beginning a small collection of her pieces, which I've come across at consignment shops, I began looking at photos of the designer from the 70's-present and have found myself truly inspired by her look.
It could have been so easy for someone with such a seemingly glamorous bio (married at 18 into European royalty, American fashion royalty less than a decade later) to just sit back and soak it all in but not DVF. She built herself an empire and serves as inspiration for careers gals everywhere...
I'm loving her looks from the 70's right now ... a photo I once saw of her at Studio 54 inspired me to go in search of nude fishnets...they're now one of my spring staples...
With Sofia Coppola and Ashley Olsen...
In an amazing double breasted blazer that I could see looking great on any woman from 25 to 65...
On the cover of Newsweek...
A Warhol portrait...
With the artist himself...
Love that leopard wrap dress :)

0 comments: