Thursday, June 10, 2010

CFDA Awards

Monday night at Lincoln Center, The Council of Fashion Designers of America handed out their annual awards to fashion's best. While the winners are an inspiring lot, including Marc Jacobs who nabbed Womenswear Designer of the Year (again), I was more interested in what the attendees were wearing.

A few of my favorites....


Supermodel Jessica Stam looked incredibly cool in a black strapless dress that appears, from what I can see in the pics, to be sheer below the hip. I'm in love with her jewelry as well, there is nothing more glamorous and irreverent than a huge tangle of chains...


I love Whitney Port and while I may not always dig her girly, frilly meets downtown style, I think she looks like a disco queen and thats always good with me..


When did this happen? When did Dakota Fanning become a bitchin' fashionista? I love all the looks I've seen her in this past year while promoting The Runaways and The Twilight flicks and this white frock was no exception.. very fun and somehow still age appropriate...


While Gwyneth (on the arm of Desginer and CFDA honoree Micheal Kors) may not be my favorite actress, I'm aways stunned by how sharp she looks. She almost always wears a solid color with some interesting detail, like that cool diagonal one-shoulder, and always shows just enough of that amazing long, lean figure... but listening to that much Coldplay can't be good for a person..






0 comments: