Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Fashion Fatigue..

Most of the time, I enjoy nothing more than an afternoon of retail therapy, but yesterday, while partaking in a ritual mother-daughter shopping trip, I realized I was becoming sick.... sick and tired of seeing the same shit in every store!
I feel like I've grown so bored with seeing the same damn thing in every store. I, of course, realize that unlike a lot of style bloggers, I don't work directly in fashion, don't live in NY or LA, and don't frequently travel to far flung locales and this reality limits my options a tad. I also understand that the mall is known for being a haven for all things demographic driven and marketed to the masses but I still feel like every store need not have the same stuff. Forever 21 looks like Charlotte Russe, Loft looks like J Crew, NY and Co. looks like Express... I know these stores target the same demographics but come on!! They have all the same stuff! Must the clothes be redundant?
But all was not lost.... cute (and not mind numbingly predictable) items were scored at H&M and JCPenny.
I suppose all this means is that sometimes you have to search a little harder for something worth adding to an already ridiculously full wardrobe...

0 comments: