Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Way too hot for Fall Fashion...


But not too hot for me to share my 5 favorite Fall trends! I've already been spending hours cracking into the September issues, and here are a few things to get you inspired for the approaching season...

1) Military- Army green jackets and vests, work boot-inspired heels, and skinny cargo pants...
*Do Not.... Bring back camouflage! No one needs to look like the surly kid from jr. high.


marc by marc jacobs


2) Leopard- I don't really think of leopard as a "trend" because it never truly goes out of style...This season is all about the amazing bags and shoes...

*Do Not- Match leopard prints! use it as an accent for christ's sake...



3.1 Phillip Lim


3) Jeggings- I was under the impression that these had been around for a season or two already but they seem to be moving into the forefront for fall. They don't look great on me but I love the layering possibilities...
Do Not- wear them with a short and/or fitted top.. If you don't know that already, then I'm a tad surprised that you're reading a fashion blog..



New York and Co. $26.95!!




4) Fur- vests, accessories, and embellishments (think collars and trims).. Leopard vests are everywhere (hey, you can kill two trends with stone)

Do Not- Over do it! I adore a fur vest as much as the next girl, but this season its more mainstream rather than a go-to for the bolder fashionista (or Zoe admirer)...




Rachel Zoe for QVC




5) Grey and Grey-ish Purple nails- does this actually require an explanation?


Steel by RGB (a cool industrial grey)



Paradoxal by Chanel (not a personal fav but HUGELY popular for fall)





0 comments: