Monday, February 15, 2010

FW f/w 10/11 part 4..

It may be a tad early to say for sure but I can say with some confidence that Erin Featherston may be my favorite show of Fashion Week!

Featherston stepped a bit outside of her box with this collection and I love her for it :)
For those who aren't familiar, her look is usually whimsical and very feminine. She always produces frothy, frilly party dresses that make women look like high-fashion fairy princesses. I've always loved Featherston's strong aesthetic but it was never my personal taste seeing as I'm not much of a girlie girl when it comes to my clothes.

But these dresses really did it for me. I adored the clean, boho silhouette in that cheerful tangerine as well as the super fun metallic mini...






... but this one really rocked my world with it effortless sexiness. The flattering cut, the sheer patterned overlay, the hint of shimmer.... where do I begin?
If there is one thing to know about me it is that I LOVE blazers... and these really surprised me. They're so rocker chic in cool metallics with slim lapels and I particularly love the printed secretary blouse under the gold jacket.....


I can't write about this show without touching on the hair. I love the humorous touch of having all the models sporting heavy bangs, which is of course, the signature look of Erin Featherston herself (and sited influence for the collection Nico). As a fellow wearer of a strong fringe, I have to say I love it !


0 comments: